Sensory Scientist (m/f/d)
Sensory Scientist (m/f/d)
Festanstellung, Vollzeit · Hamburg
Mushlabs is a biotech startup using cellular agriculture to create the next generation of sustainable foods from the roots of mushrooms. We grow fungal mycelium to create nutritious and delicious raw ingredients that form the basis of nutritious and sustainable meat substitute products. Our mission is to create a circular food system that provides accessible nutrition for the growing population while preserving our planet.
- You are the main person responsible for designing, organizing and performing the sensory tests at Mushlabs
- After the panels you analyze and report the results
- It is your responsibility to implement and improve sensory practices and methods
- You guide and support the product development and marketing activities with your sensory expertise
- You build and train an internal sensory panel that is specialized in mushroom mycelium and mycelium based products.
- Collect and compile consumer knowledge & consumer trend for the defined product categories
- You keep yourself up to date of the latest sensory techniques
Unsere Erwartungen - Deine Fähigkeiten
- Master in Food Science or similar with some education in sensory science
- Proven knowledge and experiences on sensory methods and sensory best practices
- Practical experiences in sensory evaluation preferably within the food industry
- Passion about new knowledge, experiences and challenged
- Experience with Sensory Software (e.g. RedJade) and with statistical analysis of sensory data
- An organized and structured working approach with an eye for detail
- Very good communication and listening skills
- problem solving (scientific but pragmatic)
- English required - Knowledge of German is a plus
- You live in Hamburg or are open to move here
Unser Versprechen - Deine Vorteile
- Dynamic and diverse mission-driven team from 21 different countries
- A fast growing company with opportunities for personal development
- Flexible working hours in an innovative and agile working environment
- Gym Membership or an attractive alternative from our benefit programme
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Great team events
- Drinks, cereal bar and fresh fruit at the office
- Language classes
- Lastly, join us in the journey as we change the food system as we know it!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ready to disrupt the food system with us?
Standort der Arbeitsstelle